Lead Mechanical Engineer
What we do together is what makes us stronger.
NTS is a first-tier contract manufacturer that develops, produces and assembles complex (opto-) mechatronic systems and modules. At our specialized site, NTS Optel, we focus on design and assembly of custom opto-mechanics in the field of illumination, imaging, sensing, laser beam delivery and integrated nanostructure metrology solutions. We create customized solutions with high complexity and are active in the semicon, analytical, health and industrial market.
NTS Optel is a vertical integrated company where development and assembly are closely interconnected. Our Development & Engineering department consists of highly qualified Optical, Software, Electronics & Mechanical Engineers (Master, PhD), who are closely linked to our assembly team of qualified optical assembly engineers. Our cultural values are flexibility, drive, focus and collaboration.
In order to manage our growth, we are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer for our Development & Engineering department in Nijmegen. You report directly to the group leader. You carry out projects in close collaboration with the project manager and system architect in projects of different sizes and complexity. Accelerate along with us!
- The mechanical concept of high-quality optical and opto-mechatronic modules/systems which meets the specifications within agreed scope, time and budget with customer;
- Performing complex calculations and determining test specifications;
- Supporting the project management and determine the technical feasibility and risk analysis (in collaboration with the system architect);
- Leading a team of Mechanical Design Engineers, who realize high quality technical designs that meet the specifications within budget and schedule;
- Overseeing and ensuring the creation of the required documentation of your module or machine;
- Interacting with our manufacturing and assembly site(s) to assure that the designs can be manufactured and assembled efficiently and at competitive costs;
- Maintaining contacts with customers, partners, and suppliers, to ensure you have proper understanding of the challenges of our customers and the solutions we can provide in cooperation with our partners and suppliers (in collaboration with the system architect.);
- Staying informed of the latest developments in your area of expertise;
- Being part of competence development within the organization.
- A completed bachelor’s or master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Physics or similar);
- At least 7 years of experience in (opto-)mechanical and/or (opto-)mechatronic system design and at least 3 year experience in leading team of engineers and/or projects in High-Tech environment;
- Knowledge of precision mechanics and construction principles is must;
- Experience of design for cleanliness is plus;
- Experience with current design methods, production techniques and discipline specific technologies;
- Conceptual thinker with an eye for detail, creative and structured;
- You are able to communicate with customers at a high analytical level;
- Well-developed communication and social skills in combination with a pragmatic attitude;
- Experience in how to convey complex topics in an understandable and sufficient detail with your engineering team, give them proper direction, guidance, and motivate them to excel in their job;
- Experience with 3D CAD software, NX/SolidEdge experience is plus;
- Good knowledge of the English language in speech and writing.
Development & Engineering
No two days are the same when you work on unique, complex projects. On designing and improving groundbreaking products for our clients. You’re the one who works on technical developments and solutions on a daily basis. Together with your multidisciplinary team. You see opportunities in what appear to be impossibilities. Whether in the field of mechatronics, cleanliness, optics, mechanics or software. You’re expert in developing highly complex products for and with our clients. Your work has a real and concrete impact for your colleagues in production and assembly and, in particular, for our clients.
Your Terms of Employment
Working at NTS means working in a successful and dynamic high-tech company which has a leading and much respected market position. You can tell immediately from the dynamic atmosphere in our offices and production environment. Everyone at NTS is driven to be the best at what they do. We recognize and pay attention to every employee and proactiveness is highly valued.
Our employees are pioneers. Inquisitive and proactive professionals who wish to continue to develop. We make this possible. We invest in technology and in our employees. Since our customer portfolio includes a large number of leading international companies, every assignment is challenging and innovative.
Your unique challenge at NTS includes at least the following conditions:
- Informal and friendly working atmosphere;
- A modern work environment where we encourage each other to flourish;
- Competitive salary;
- 27 days holiday plus 13 free days resulting from the reduction in working hours scheme.
Working at NTS
At NTS we make “the impossible”. What’s special about our work is that our products are really unique and indispensable. We attach a great deal of importance to our contacts, both as supplier and employer. This characterizes our work culture and atmosphere. NTS achieves world-class results while always maintaining its no-nonsense attitude. The friendly and personal working atmosphere is what sets us apart as employer.
We accelerate innovation at NTS. How do we do this? With our technical expertise we provide (opto)mechatronic systems and mechanical modules from A to Z, thus improving our clients’ technical innovations. We do this for clients who are active in the semiconductor, health, analytical and optical industries. NTS is involved throughout the process, from the drawing-board to the test phase. For us, “Accelerating the Future” also means that we strive for long-term relationships with both our clients and employees.
Apply now! Click on the application button and send your resume.
For more information about the vacancy or about our organization, please contact our recruiter Amruta Bhargava via email@example.com or 06 – 19 40 85 44.
6534 AT Nijmegen