Senior Optical Design Engineer
What we do together is what makes us stronger. NTS Optel is part of the NTS Group and first-tier solutions provider that develops, assembles and tests complex optical, laser and opto-mechatronic Tooling, Modules and Systems. We focus on both one-off projects and repeat production. Our knowledge lies particularly in the application areas of Illumination, Sensing, Imaging and Laser Beam Delivery.
NTS Optel is a vertical integrated company where development and assembly are closely interconnected. Our engineering department consists of highly qualified Optical, Software Electronics & Mechanical Engineers (Master, PhD), who are closely linked to our assembly team of qualified optical assembly engineers. Our cultural values are agility, drive, focus and togetherness.
Our focus lies in development and production of Optical & Laser Modules and (turn-key) Systems for (OEM) customers who are active in Semiconductor, Analytical and Life science market. We are specialized in the following application areas: Illumination, Imaging, Sensing & Laser Beam Delivery.
In order to manage our growth, we are looking for an Senior Optical Design Engineer.
- As an Senior Optical Design Engineer you are responsible for the development of high-tech optical and laser modules and systems used in several markets and applications;
- You work in a multidisciplinary team, often managed by a Project Manager, putting your physics expertise in various concrete designs of subsystems and components according (customer) specifications;
- Besides designing Optics (eg with ray-tracing/Zemax) you can also be involved in software (image and signal processing in C++/C#) tasks if possible;
- Working on and building the prototype can be a part of your job too in one of our Optical Labs;
- You make sure you stay up-to-date on the newest developments in your area of expertise;
- Being a part of a small team, there is much room for your ideas and views. You develop your projects, but also yourself;
- Have a thorough alignment with customers on technical progress and results;
- Traveling can be a part of this position. Developing a system for customers is the first part of the project. Install, commissioning and possibly support can be asked.
You bring an interesting combination of technical background and development mentality to the table. Summarizing, we would be happy if your background looks like this:
- Master or PhD degree in Engineering (Physics or similar);
- 8+ years’ experience in high-tech industry;
- Experience in optical design and simulations, preferable experience with OEM customers;
- Experience with Optical Design Software Zemax is key;
- Having a background in mechatronics, mechanics or machinery would be a plus;
- Experience in programming C++ would be a plus;
Furthermore, as a person, you would be best described as follows:
- Eager to learn and develop in creative technology;
- Ambitious, self-starter and proactive;
- Well-developed communication and social skills. You know how to convey complex topics in understandable wording;
- Open to travel for your job;
- Strong language skills in English, Dutch is a big plus.
Ready to be challenged and really make an impact? At NTS you contribute to a more sustainable, healthier and future-proof world. Our shared passion and drive to devise the best innovative solutions for our clients energizes us and unites us as a company.
Creating, connecting and innovating together. It’s very important for us to do this together. We have confidence in your knowledge and expertise. However, your team spirit is just as important to us. Being there for your colleagues and learning from each other and helping each other. This enables us to bring out the best in each other and to guarantee the best results for our clients.
Your passion-driven expertise, affinity with the technical sector and team spirit will really make an impact at NTS.
No two days are the same when you work on unique, complex brain-teasers. On designing and improving groundbreaking products for our clients. You’re the one who works on technical developments and solutions on a daily basis. Together with your multidisciplinary team. You see opportunities in what appear to be impossibilities. Whether in the field of mechatronics, cleanliness, optics, mechanics or software. You’re expert in developing highly complex products for and with our clients. Your work has a real and concrete impact for your colleagues in production and assembly and, in particular, for our clients.
Your Terms of Employment
Working at NTS means working in a successful and dynamic high-tech company which has a leading and much respected market position. You can tell immediately from the dynamic atmosphere in our offices and production environment. Everyone at NTS is driven to be the best at what they do. We recognize and pay attention to every employee and proactiveness is highly valued.
Our employees are pioneers. Inquisitive and proactive professionals who wish to continue to develop. We make this possible. We invest in technology and in our employees. Since our customer portfolio includes a large number of leading international companies, every assignment is challenging and innovative.
Your unique challenge at NTS includes at least the following conditions:
- A permanent contract of 32 – 40 hours;
- Competitive salary;27 days holiday plus 13 free days resulting from the reduction in working hours scheme;
- Holiday allowance (8%);
- A pension scheme at PME;
- Career development plan.
We accelerate innovation at NTS. How do we do this? With our technical expertise we provide (opto)mechatronic systems and mechanical modules from A to Z, thus improving our clients’ technical innovations. We do this for clients who are active in the semiconductor, health, analytical and optical industries. NTS is involved throughout the process, from the drawing-board to the test phase. For us, “Accelerating the Future” also means that we strive for long-term relationships with both our clients and employees.
For more information about the vacancy or about our organization, please contact our Recruiter via firstname.lastname@example.org or 06 – 19 40 85 44. Apply now! Click on the application button and send your resume!
6534 AT Nijmegen